Qatar 2026 Organizing Committee Fully Primed for FIVB U17 World Championship
Doha, August 18 (QNA) - The Qatar 2026 Organizing Committee announced Tuesday that preparations for the second edition of the FIVB U17 World Championship, to be hosted in Doha from Wednesday until August 28, have been fully completed.
Speaking at a press conference, Secretary-General of the Qatar Volleyball Association and Executive Director of the tournament Yusuf Ahmed Kanoo described hosting the championship as a historic event for Qatari volleyball, stressing Qatar's readiness in terms of facilities and organizational expertise.
The matches will be held at the Women's Sports Hall in Aspire Zone and Al Arabi Sports Club. The inaugural edition was held in Bulgaria in 2024 and won by Italy.
Kanoo highlighted the tournament's importance in showcasing promising talent and the future of volleyball, noting that the Qatar U17 team is fully prepared after an extensive training program. He also called on Qatari fans to attend and support the team.
For his part, Assistant QVA Secretary-General and Tournament Media Director Saeed Salem Al Nuaimi said all organizational and media arrangements had been completed, including a media center at Aspire Zone's Women's Sports Hall.
QVA Board Member and Competition Director Mohammed Salem Al Kuwari expressed confidence in Qatar's ability to host a successful edition, noting that the FIVB had praised the facilities and venues.
Meanwhile, General Supervisor of the Men's National Teams Sherif El Shemerly said the Qatar U17 team had undergone a seven-month preparation program, including training camps and around 25 international friendly matches in Doha, Cairo, and Slovenia.
Qatar will open its campaign against Venezuela on Wednesday in Group A, followed by France on August 21 and Tunisia on August 23. All of Qatar's group-stage matches will be played at Aspire Zone's Women's Sports Hall. (QNA)
English
Français
Deutsch
Español
русский
हिंदी
اردو