Israeli Navy Intercepts Gaza-Bound International Humanitarian Flotilla
Gaza, May 18 (QNA) - The Israeli occupation navy on Monday intercepted the second batch vessels from a Gaza-bound aid flotilla, which are intended to break the blockade imposed on the Palestinian enclave.
The Israeli navy soldiers broke into several participating vessels in the open waters while they were approaching international waters to dock off the shores of the embattled Gaza Strip and had consequently taken over them, said organizers of this fleet in a press statement.
The organizers called for securing a maritime lane for this legal, humanitarian and peaceful mission, urging governments to spring into action and cease the piracy actions that are intended to maintain the Israeli imposed blockade on Gaza.
The flotilla spokeswoman Nour Saad told Qatar News Agency (QNA) that this Israeli assault amounts to an egregious rampage and a defiance of the will of international community.
Behemoth Israeli warships had flanked this humanitarian fleet and took over the participating vessels, she warned, confirming that four vessels escorting the fleet had been intercepted.
Saad suggested that a further five or six vessels should have likely been hijacked as communication was in blackout suddenly, with the occupation operators intentionally jamming the transponder signals and tampering with the wireless frequencies and the radio fitted with the fleet.
This Israeli attack is tantamount to an egregious violation of international law and the rules of maritime navigation, as well as a direct targeting of pure humanitarian efforts that aimed to break the blockade of the Gaza enclave, Saad stressed.
Saad further revealed that the assault lays bare time and again the Israeli occupation's repressive nature that is literally based on blocking any attempt to deliver humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip.
She warned that international impotence and silence over this crime grants Israel a cover to remorselessly pursue its belligerent policies against civilians.
As such, Saad held the Israeli occupation fully responsible for the safety of sailors and any potential perilous consequences arising from this action.
She called on international and human rights organizations to urgently spring into action and take the Israeli occupation to task for the perpetration of what she described as repeated crimes. (QNA)
English
Français
Deutsch
Español
русский
हिंदी
اردو